We in Local Development and Small-Projects Support (LDSPS) are delighted to share with you our new report “Governance Experiences in SYRIA: Shedding Light on the Formation of Local Councils and Their Work“
The report aims to shed light on the work of local councils (LCs) through the experience of LDSPS and its direct cooperation
with 63 LCs from late 2013 till the beginning of 2020.
In this contribution LDSPS is analyzing the LCs’ structures, action and performances based on its experience in working with these 63 LCs and also based on several local-community assessments that LDSPS organized (4 assessments conducted between 2017 and 2020 in 63 cities/towns).
The report focuses on five important aspects of the LCs experience:
· The formation mechanisms and legitimacy
· The organizational situation and available competencies
· The financial and funding situation
· The provision of services
· The LCs interactions with their surrounding environment
To read the full report Here